Saturday, July 10, 2010

Despicable Me....Disaster, Delight, Near Disaster

I had this whole day planned out. We were going to get up, pay rent, go to the bank, the card shop and then Wally World. Then we were going to come home, give Dominic a bath, shower ourselves. Then we would drop Dominic off at Grandma Alice's, go to Applebees for dinner at 6, the movies to watch the premier of Despicable Me at 8:15, and then to pop fireworks outside of Horizon City.

Things never go as planned.

Doug didn't show up to pick up rent until about 3 hours after we had planned. Thus, our whole day was set behind. We didn't get to Applebees till about 6:30. Even so we made it to the movies on time. However, our seats weren't great because it was already packed, we were in the third row and now my neck hurts =/

DISASTER
So, when we were at Wally World we bought some candy and drinks to sneak into the theater to save money. Right before the movie started I opened the drinks to avoid the fizzy noise during the movie. I put mine in my cupholder and handed Robert his but he says he doesn't want it and asks me to put them in my purse until the movie starts so we don't get caught. I am sitting with my purse in my lap for a few minutes and then I feel this "puddle" sensation through the lap of my dress......Oh no please no....... Yep sure enough the Dr. Pepper had spilled in my purse. I wasn't too upset until I realized that my phone was in the side pocket of my purse. It has gone into a coma we're not sure if it will make it.......

DELIGHT
The movie was sooooo good. I laughed throughout and it was too cute! Heartwarming, hilarious.

NEAR DISASTER
Then, we went to this truck stop called the Flying J. Robert dropped my phone's battery between his seat so we were looking for it for a few minutes. Then we were looking for his phone which I swear I had just had in my phone. Then, we close the doors and about to go inside when Robert asks me if I had locked my door. "Of course." Then, panic sets in. Oh shit please tell me we did not just lock the keys in the car. Yep the keys are in the car. Thankfully, Robert had left the back driver's side door unlocked.

And then there were fireworks. Or works fire. Or ireworksfay. Whatever floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment